About the client
Our client is an international manufacturer and distributor of industrial dust extraction products, with offices including Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, Lithuania, France, Germany and Vietnam. They have production sites spread across Europe and Asia. The company's strategy is to excel in providing standardized dust extraction components for industrial processes in Europe with a focus on operational efficiency and being a reliable one-stop-shop.
I am currently looking for an Transportation Coordinator to join their motivated team in Perwez. In this role, you will act as a key figure within the logistics department with a significant emphasis on project management.
About the job
Your responsibilities include efficiently supporting logistics and planning management, which is a team of 2 people, with a focus on customer demand and goal achievement. Serving as a liaison between various departments within the organization (production, customer service, procurement, warehouse), you ensure smooth daily operations, manage transportation, and actively contribute to ongoing improvements and efficiency. Your work prioritizes health, safety, and a tidy work environment.
Additionally, you will be responsible for the recruitment, training, and monitoring of personnel within your department, working closely with the company's logistics manager.
The ideal candidate is:
- Assertive when needed, resilient and flexible
- Active participation and collaboration are essential, coupled with excellent communication and IT skills. An openness to learning new systems is crucial, and experience with EDI is a definite advantage
- Insight into transportation flows, especially experience with road transport is essential
- Fluency in both French and English is required, with proficiency in other languages considered a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the transportation sector is expected.
Currently, there are several significant projects on the horizon and you will work closely with management to contribute to I’s success. These projects include:
- Establishing an e-commerce flow for direct customer distribution
- Implementing drop shipping to reduce costs
- Establishing an EDI connection with our main carrier and our ERP (Netsuite - Oracle)
What we offer
You will be part of a warm, human organization where honesty and collegiality take precedence. As a member of a multidisciplinary and international team, you are expected to communicate with colleagues and customers in an open, honest, inspiring, and sincere manner. It’s an enterprise with many opportunities and possibilities. Of course, you will receive a competitive salary complemented by great fringe benefits.